Navigating type 1 diabetes at any age can pose different challenges, so that’s why we called on Restorative Dietitian, Therese Martinez
For the first time on our podcast, we have dedicated an entire episode to supporting you and/or your family members that are living with Type 1 diabetes.
In this episode, we talk about the modern approaches to type 1 diabetes, such as:
- Misinformation upon type 1 diabetes diagnosis
- How to feel supported throughout diagnosis and beyond
- Breaking down what type 1 diabetes is, and how it operates in the body
- The immune system and immunity play a role in overall blood sugar levels
- Variability of blood sugars throughout cycles: life, menstrual, and even day-cycles
- Other variables that will likely impact your blood sugar levels (i.e., stress, exercise, gut health, inflammation, etc.)
- Overcoming the ‘good vs. bad’ mindset of carbohydrates
Enjoyed Therese’s approach to type 1 diabetes and overall wellness?
Prefer to watch instead of listen? We’ve got you covered. You can see our livesteamed chat on our YouTube channel.
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
Think your metabolism could some healing or a reboot? We’ve got you covered! Our Lean for Life Membership phase one and two called “Heal” and “Optimize” will help you feel empowered to reverse previous metabolic damage with the support of our team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Check out our website for more details!
Want to learn more about our one-on-one Empowered Nutrition coaching? Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit.
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Then, send me a screenshot of your positive review to firstname.lastname@example.org as a DM on Instagram (@empowerednutrition.health). Include a brief description of what you’re working on with your health and/or nutrition and I’ll send you a free custom meal plan!
Do you have questions you would like answered on the Empowered Nutrition podcast? You can propose your questions/ideas by email to: email@example.com
Follow us on: