Feel that you are constantly struggling with energy throughout your cycle? Not sure what to eat or when to use your hormones to push your workout to the next level?
We are once again joined by Dr. Addie Holzmann for her second podcast episode with us to talk about all things related to training and nutrition throughout your hormone cycle! This episode will help you understand why your workouts fluctuate throughout your month and how you can leverage hormones to be on your side.
We answer these questions and more:
- How can we optimize our training cycle with your menstrual cycle?
- What does that mean for folks that are on a hormonal birth control?
- Working out through each of the phases of your cycle: menstruation, follicular, ovulation, and luteal
- What should nutrition look like during each of these phases?
- Which phases are best to do HIIT and higher strength workouts?
- What phases are telling us that we need some rest and recovery?
- How do things change in perimenopause? Or even post-menopause?
- How does weight training play a role?
- Which apps are the best to help track your cycle?
You’re going to enjoy this one!
Want to know more of Dr. Addie’s practice and offerings?
Let us hook you up! You can find her on her website, follow her suggestions and insight on Instagram, and follow her practice on Facebook.
Interested in the carb-cycling blog post that Erin mentioned? You can take a look at that great resource here!
Prefer to watch instead of listen? We love to put a face to the name, and Addie’s is one to recognize. You can see our livestreamed chat on our YouTube channel!
Did we tell you that we have this awesome membership available?
We have launched all THREE PHASES Lean for Life Membership called Heal, Optimize , and Refine where you will be empowered to reverse previous metabolic damage with the assistance of our team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Check out more details on our website!
Want to learn more about our one-on-one Empowered Nutrition coaching? Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit.
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Then, send me a screenshot of your positive review to email@example.com as a DM on Instagram (@empowerednutrition.health). Include a brief description of what you’re working on with your health and/or nutrition and I’ll send you a free custom meal plan!
Do you have questions you would like answered on the Empowered Nutrition podcast? You can propose your questions/ideas here or reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on: