Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy with North Carolina Registered Dietitians
Experience Healthcare That’s Different Than What You’re Used To
At Empowered Nutrition:
- We see you as a whole person. You are not just a set of separate organ systems.
- Your diet plan therefore will fit your unique lifestyle, preferences, and needs
- We will also find and address the root causes of discomfort, chronic pain or fatigue, weight loss or weight gain, and other issues
- Lastly, our goal is your independence. Rest assured, you won’t need us forever!
The human body is complex, and so is nutrition. However, we’re not ordinary dietitians. We are also trained in Integrative and Functional Nutrition Therapy, and we’re experts at finding the root causes of your health problems. We then translate your story into a realistic nutrition therapy plan. In addition to nutrition counseling, you have the option to optimize your plan with the use of functional laboratory testing, individualized nutraceutical protocols, body composition testing, and/or resting metabolic rate testing.
We also believe that you deserve support from a helpful community. Therefore, we offer guided group nutrition therapy programs!
And finally, our goal is for you to outgrow us. We know we’ve succeeded when you no longer need our help!
Time to get to know you! Start by completing our secure forms. We then collect a detailed assessment, plus any labs you wish to provide. We want the whole story!
Meet with us for your first initial visit! We’ll review your assessment and give you several choices for first steps. Then you’ll recieve a detailed plan, with all of the info and support that you need for success.
Complete any optional additional assessments. These include functional lab testing, body composition or metabolic assessment, or blood glucose monitoring
Get additional support with group programs or weekly email check-ins.
Meet with us on a recurring basis. We’ll further optimize your plan and move to further stages. Eventually, you’ll achieve independent wellness!
It All Starts With a Free Call!
We Accept Insurance!
We are in network with Medicare, Tricare Select, United Healthcare, First Carolina Care, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Offering Effective Nutrition Counseling for Adults and Children Adressing:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Small-intestinal Bacterial Growth (SIBO)
- Inflamatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Post-bariatric surgery
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Histamine Intolerance
- Mass Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
- Candida Overgrowth (Fungal Overgrowth)
- Food Sensitivities or Intolerances
- Perimenopause and Menopause
- Pre and Postnatal Nutrition
Healthy Weight Gain:
Family Dietitian Services:
- Child Feeding
- Picky Eaters
- Baby-led Weaning
- Breastfeeding Support
We offer a very wide range of specialty diet plans suitable to our clients’ needs. The following examples includes:
- Ketogenic Diet
- Low FODMAP
- Gluten-free Diet
- Elimination Diets
- LEAP/MRT Protocal Diet
- Mediterranean Diet
- Wahls Protocal Diet
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)
- Low-histamine Diet
- Reflux Diet
- SIBO Diet
- Candida Diet
- Intermittent Fasting
- Time-restricted Feeding
- Diabetic Diet Plan
- Low-carb Diet
- Paleo Diet
- Anti-inflammatory Diet