Are you overly-obsessed with your diet?
Or, maybe you feel out of control?
Join me as I discuss the balance between intuitive eating and nutritional needs with body positive Registered Dietitian Courtney Rayppy.
Courtney works with active and athletic adults who are overly-obsessed with managing their diet. She helps them to eat more intuitively, stop tracking macros, and optimize their performance in the process.
Striking a balance between obsession and ‘anything goes’ isn’t always easy in our world. In this episode, we talk a lot about the space between and how we help our clients successfully ‘live’ there.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to optimize athletic performance while avoiding the harms of obsessive food culture
- Why it’s important to focus on your body’s abilities instead of the numbers (on the scale or in your tracking app)
- Our experiences with disordered eating and how they shaped our practices
- Tips for how to transition away from obsessive eating
- The importance of still prioritizing good nutrition and metabolic health while eating intuitively
Connect with Courtney for 1:1 coaching: https://www.instagram.com/fit.and.fabulousnutrition
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts! Please send me a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org as a DM on Instagram (erinskinner_rd) and I’ll send you a free copy of my ‘IBS Flare-Fixer Meal Plan’!
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
I’m accepting new clients for functional nutrition! Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit HERE.
Follow me on: