Heavy Metals – Should You Be Concerned?
Yes, we all are at risk for exposure. However, we shouldn’t freak out.
Heavy metals are all around: in the water, in our food, in our dental fillings, and even on toys!
In this episode of the Empowered Nutrition Podcast, I share all about heavy metals: why to care, what the risks are, how to screen for exposure, and how metals detox works.
I also share the results of my split test of two popular heavy metals tests: Genova Nutrient and Toxic Elements and Vibrant Wellness Heavy Metals.
Finally, I share the specific metals detox protocol that I used after my testing.
You can grab my test results here:
[es_button link=”https://real-nutrition-rx.ck.page/539898608c” button_text=”Download my genova and vibrant america metals test results” style=”filled-button” color=”teal”]
Here are the specific topics I discuss in the episode:
- What are the most common heavy metals?
- What sources are the most common?
- What are the signs and symptoms of toxicity?
- What are the long-term risks of heavy metal exposure?
- What tests do I use to screen for exposure?
- How do the body’s natural metals detoxification pathways work and how can we support detox?
- My own specific protocol that I followed for 10 days after my metals testing
- The findings of my heavy metals split test – and what I’m doing about it
You can download my two reports here:
[es_button link=”https://real-nutrition-rx.ck.page/539898608c” button_text=”Download Erin’s Test Results” style=”filled-button” color=”teal”]
If you want more details about the 10-day detox protocol I did, it’s the Metagenics Clear Change program. You can check it out at my Wellevate page. There, you can also make an account to get the kit at a discount (it includes the medical food, detox support supplement, and diet guide):
Any questions about heavy metals (risks, sources, testing, or detox)? Sent me a questions via the contact page!
Curious to hear more? Check out my podcast episode where I describe my test results in detail, plus share my interpretation of them: