Want to learn why diets don’t work and how to love the journey of weight loss?
In this episode, Camille Martin divulges topics she covers in her book Love To Lose: Love Your Life and Watch the Weight Lose Itself.
Camille Martin is a registered dietitian, health blogger, and senior technical editor for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She is also a former chronic dieter who wasted nearly 25 years of her life on a diet. In her book, Love To Lose: Love Your Life and Watch the Weight Lose Itself, she uses what she learned on her own weight-loss journey to help other women stop wasting their lives on a diet, embrace everything about themselves, achieve what they’re truly capable of and lose weight in the process. She received a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Georgia and a Bachelor of Science in nutrition from Georgia State University. She is a vegetarian, marathon runner, and proud mother of two daughters and two rescue dogs.
In this episode we discuss:
- Camille’s health journey, involving emotional eating from a very young age and was obsessed with food from the age of 12
- Camille’s philosophy: focus on the WAY we eat instead of WHAT we eat
- Why diets don’t work
- How to improve habits that are hampering weight loss efforts
- How to reverse emotional eating that is based in pain as a coping mechanism
- What to do when you have emotional eating compulsions
- Camille’s book: a step-by-step process for changing thoughts and habits around eating
- Food quality vs thought habits as drivers of weight gain
- Strategies for busy women who don’t have time to eat health and cook
- Camille’s go to handout for her clients
You can find out more about Camille on her website www.camillemartinrd.com.
To Purchase Love To Lose: Love Your Life and Watch the Weight Lose Itself: camillemartinrd.com/shop
To sign up for Camille’s guide to setting up your kitchen environment for weight loss: camillemartinrd.com/kitchen-guide
Follow her on Instagram and Facebook @camille_martin_rd
Check out the full episode at:
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts! Please send me a screenshot of your review to email@example.com as a DM on Instagram (erinskinner_rd) and I’ll send you a free copy of my ‘IBS Flare-Fixer Meal Plan’!
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
I’m accepting new clients for functional nutrition! Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit HERE.
Follow me on: