The Benefits of Registered Dietitians on Autoimmune Disease
The Autoimmune Protocal Diet Plan
Often, people with an autoimmune disease are given the false impression that they’re on a life-long decline that can’t be slowed. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. In reality, many factors can be improved with an individualized autoimmune protocal diet plan.
For instance, a certified nutritionist from our team addresses autoimmune diseases in a variety of ways:
- First, by identifying and eliminating food triggers
- Next, we transition to an anti-inflammatory diet
- Then, we optimize your gut health
- We improve nutritional status by optimizing the nutrients that help regulate immune function
- Also, its important to support immune regulation with sleep and stress management practices
- Analyzing and improving environmental exposures is also considered
- Finally, we provide specific meal plans and recipes, which keeps stress low
Impacts of Working with a Certified Nutritionist and Individualized Dietary Plan for Autoimmunity
As a result of our individualized approach, we’ve seen dramatic improvements in our clients. Some of these include:
- Remission in refractory Celiac Disease
- Complete reversal of joint pain in rheumatoid arthritis
- Regulation of thyroid hormones in Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, with the weaning off of thyroid medication
- Dramatic symptom improvements in Sjogren’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Type 1 Diabetes, and Lupus
- Also, a remission in Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
Indeed, not everyone experiences remission with autoimmune protocal diet plans. However, it’s rare that our clients with an autoimmune disease don’t experience significant symptom improvement.
How Our Autoimmune Protocal Diet Plans Improve Symptoms
The reason our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are effective is because we address some critical underlying factors:
- Problems with gut health and the microbiome
- Nutritional imbalances
- Dietary triggers
- And of course, inflammatory foods.
For instance, many people with gut health problems have intestinal permeability, or ‘leaky gut’. This in effect allows food proteins to ‘come through’ the gut lining too much, meeting the immune system. In response, the immune system then develops antibodies in these food proteins, which look like some human tissues. This is known as molecular mimicry, which results in an autoimmune attack on your own tissue. Fortunately, our team are experts at assessing and addressing gut health problems that drive autoimmunity.
Stress can also be a major player in autoimmune diseases. It’s also common for autoimmunity to be triggered by a stressful life events. Therefore, our clinicians can provide autoimmune dietary strategies to help re-balance stress hormones, such as cortisol. Naturally, this is important because cortisol dramatically impacts immune function.
Autoimmune Nutrition Professionals
Working with our registered dietitians will help you to:
- Identify core drivers of your autoimmunity
- Develop an anti-inflammatory diet, eliminate food triggers, and add nutrient-dense foods
- Identify and resolve environmental exposures that perpetuate autoimmunity
- Plan ways to address imbalances in sleep and/or stress
- Implement your plan effectively, even if your energy is slow or your symptoms are overpowering
We’re experts at working with people with autoimmune conditions, so we’ll never overwhelm you with more than you can handle. Therefore, your personal dietitian will always move at a pace that is realistic for you. We will prioritize the most impactful things that affect your wellbeing, so that you can experience improvement quickly.
Also, we don’t just give you a plan and send you out the door; we’ll support you throughout your journey.
Finally, our goal is to get you to where you don’t need us! For example, we’ll teach you how to follow our process on your own, so that you can have ongoing, independent success with addressing autoimmunity.
To Learn More About Autoimmune Triggers and How to Reduce Them, Take Our Free Quiz!
Overview of Our Results-Driven Process
We want to know more about you! By completing our secure forms, and any labs you wish to provide, we create a full assessment. Gives us the whole story!
Meet with us for your first initial visit. We’ll review your assessment and give you several choices for first steps. Then, you’ll get a detailed plan with all of the info and support that you need for success!
Complete any desired additional assessments. These include: Functional lab testing, body composition or metabolic assessment, or blood glucose monitoring (all optional).
If desired, get additional support with group programs or weekly email check-ins.
Meet with us on a recurring basis to further optimize your plan, move to further stages, and achieve independent wellness!
The prospect of living with an autoimmune disease can be scary. But, there are many ways to improve symptoms and experience a better quality of life. With our process, you’ll have a plan that optimizes your wellness. As a result, we can give you the best chance of improving immune regulation.
In short, debilitating symptoms of autoimmunity are not your destiny! Ready to get started? Then book a free call with us to discuss how we can help with your autoimmune plan.
Schedule a Free Chemistry Call
Wondering if we’re a good fit? Then we’d love to meet you! Let’s jump on a short call. We’ll discuss your health challenges, goals and how we can support you to achieve those goals.
Nutrition Professionals You Can Trust
Many claim to be a nutritionist. However, only a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) meets rigorous academic requirements. This includes: Extensive clinical training, a nutrition degree from an accredited university, passing a rigorous board exam, and meeting continuing education requirements. Further, we are Licensed Registered Dietitians (LDNs) in the state of North Carolina. We are credentialed in Integrative and Functional Nutrition. We also stay informed of the guidelines set by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This allows us to provide our patients with expert nutrition counseling they need for success.