Do you or someone you love struggle with ADHD and don’t know what could help with symptoms associated with it? Are you curious of what the root cause may be?
We discuss some possible dietary links and how to alleviate symptoms in this most recent podcast. We also recognize the complexity of both the gut microbiome and ADHD, but we are here to discuss patterns found in recent research.
We take a short, but deep, dive into:
- What may lead to higher incidences of ADHD?
- What are the biomarkers that research is pointing to higher rates of ADHD?
- What nutritional steps may help influence lower ADHD rates?
- What supplementation may be helpful to reduce ADHD symptoms?
- Will supplementation help increase weight gain?
- Is supplementation safe?
You can find the short, 15-minute podcast here!
Enjoying the podcast?
Please review the Empowered Nutrition Podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Then, send me a screenshot of your positive review to firstname.lastname@example.org as a DM on Instagram (@empowerednutrition.health). Include a brief description of what you’re working on with your health and/or nutrition and I’ll send you a free custom meal plan!
Looking for help with optimizing your health?
Want to try supplements mentioned in the podcast? No problem! You can check them out here and recieve 10% off! Products mentioned were: Klaire Labs’ Ther-Biotic Factor 4, Designs for Health’s ProbioMed 50, and Integrative Therapeutics’ Pro-Biome 50B
Are you struggling to heal and revamp your metabolism? Don’t worry! We have recently launched our Lean for Life Membership phase one called “Heal” on where you will be empowered to reverse previous metabolic damage with the assistance of our team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Find out more details here.
We’re accepting new clients for functional nutrition! Book a free chemistry call to discuss your story and see if we’re a good fit HERE.
Love free products? Get a free one year supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of Athletic Greens’ AG1 nutritional supplement when you visit athleticgreens.com/empowered
Follow us on:
Want to dive deeper into the research studies mentioned in the podcast? You can check them out here:
- Cenit MC, Nuevo IC, Codoñer-Franch P, Dinan TG, Sanz Y. Gut microbiota and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: new perspectives for a challenging condition. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2017 Sep;26(9):1081-1092. doi: 10.1007/s00787-017-0969-z. Epub
- Bull-Larsen S, Mohajeri MH. The Potential Influence of the Bacterial Microbiome on the Development and Progression of ADHD. Nutrients. 2019 Nov 17;11(11):2805. doi: 10.3390/nu11112805. PMID: 31744191; PMCID: PMC6893446.
- Kalenik A, Kardaś K, Rahnama A, Sirojć K, Wolańczyk T. Gut microbiota and probiotic therapy in ADHD: A review of current knowledge. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2021 Aug 30;110:110277. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2021.110277. Epub 2021 Feb 6. PMID:
- Wang LJ, Yang CY, Kuo HC, Chou WJ, Tsai CS, Lee SY. Effect of Bifidobacterium bifidum on Clinical Characteristics and Gut Microbiota in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. J Pers Med. 2022 Feb 7;12(2):227. doi: 10.3390/jpm12020227. PMID: 35207715; P